Mushroom Scallop Scampi Recipe
This mushroom scallop scampi recipes is a creative dish you’ll love. It substitutes scallops for king trumpet mushrooms, and includes a decadent finish with white truffle oil.
Swapping Ingredients for Mushrooms
King trumpet mushrooms are called king for a reason – they are large, meaty, and delicious. They work perfectly as a scallop substitute because of the large cross-section of their base. They’re much more sustainable than scallops, and often found organic and fresh from your local farmer.
Swap in for king trumpet mushrooms in this quick and easy scampi made with butter, garlic, lemon and parsley.
King Trumpet Mushroom Scallop Scampi
An easy scampi recipe that substitutes scallops for king trumpet mushrooms. It tastes just like scallops, but is vegetarian! Make this dish even more decadent with some of our white truffle oil.Explore this recipe and more from the Foraged cooking library.
Yield: 2 people
- 1 Skillet
- 1 Pot
- 1 pound King trumpet mushroom, sliced
- 12 ounces Spaghetti
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 handful Parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 lemons Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 1 drizzle White truffle oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the package directions12 ounces Spaghetti
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Generously season the sliced king trumpets with salt and pepper. Raise the temperature to high and add the king trumpets to the skillet. Sear until golden brown and just firm, 2-3 minutes per side. Then transfer to a plate2 tbsp Olive oil, 1 pound King trumpet mushroom, sliced
- Lower the skillet to medium-high heat, add the butter. Let melt down a bit. Then add garlic and parsley. Cook and stir constantly, until the garlic is lightly toasted, 2-3 minutes5 cloves Garlic, minced, 1 handful Parsley, chopped
- Add the lemon juice to the parsley and garlic in the skillet and season with salt and pepper2 lemons Juice of 2 lemons
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to combine12 ounces Spaghetti
- Move pasta to plate and top with the king trumpet mushrooms
- Top with drizzles of white truffle oil. Enjoy!1 drizzle White truffle oil